Like the Galaxy S23, the Galaxy S24 also has a flat back. However, it is going away from the S23’s curved frames and adopting iPhone-like flat frames. This design change may make the phone less comfortable to hold for some people.
Rear Design of Galaxy S24
As you can see in the picture, the LED flashlight on the rear is now placed between the first and second camera, rather than next to the first camera like in the Galaxy S23. The button placement remains the same, with the power button and volume rocker on the right side frame. However, a UWB antenna now joins them. At the bottom, you’ll find the USB-C port, flanked by a SIM card slot, microphone, and speaker.
The Galaxy S24 has a 6.1″ display like the Galaxy S23 but different dimensions: 147 x 70.5 x 7.6 mm compared to the Galaxy S23’s 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6 mm.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 is rumored to launch on January 18 next year alongside the S24+ and S24+.
Expected Specifications of Galaxy S24
- Display: 6.17-inch Dynamic M13 AMOLED LTPO panel with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 or Exynos 2400 Soc.
- GPU: Adreno 740 (Qualcomm) or Mali (Exynos).
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- Software: oneUI 6 based on Android 14.
- Rear Camera: 50 MP primary camera, 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensor, and a 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
- Front Camera: 12MP lens.
- Battery: 4,700 mAh (Galaxy S23), supports wired charging up to 45 watts and wireless charging.
- Build: Titanium Frame with IP68 water and dust resistance.
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner; Knox Encryption.
Note: These specifications are based on rumors and should be taken with grain of salt.
Also Read: Motorola Edge 40 Neo