Samsung galaxy S22 ultra’s camera improvements has been released on June 2022. Android security update for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, and a member of Samsung’s camera team has confirmed that the upgrade also improves the smartphone’s camera.
The update includes:
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Specs
The next Ultra will either be the ultimate phone, period or fall short for each group in some way, attempting to cater to both productivity-focused pen enthusiasts and photography fanatics. We’ve come to see which one it is.
On the surface, S Pen enthusiasts will have little to complain about. The S22 Ultra features the same pen as the Note20 Ultra, plus it has a silo for keeping the stylus within the phone, unlike the S21 Ultra, which requires you to carry it separately until you lose it. The large reductions in latency sound good as well, not that the previous one was horrible.
The camera enthusiast should not be disappointed. The quad arrangement is the same as the S21 Ultra (in theory) and comprises a couple of telephotos with up to 10x magnification as well as an autofocusing ultrawide (that Samsung insists on keeping exclusive to the Ultra). Of course, this is in addition to the large-sensor Nona-binning 108MP primary camera.
The extensive spec sheet (summed up underneath) includes what appears to be the brightest smartphone display to date, the latest Qualcomm or Samsung chipsets (depending on region, as usual), a 1TB storage option (in addition to a 128GB base tier unworthy of the Ultra’s stature), and a knock in battery limit and evaluated charging power.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.3×77.9×8.9mm, 228g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus+), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+), aluminum frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins), Armour aluminum frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance (advertised).
- Display: 6.80″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1750 nits (peak), 1440x3088px resolution, 19.3:9 aspect ratio, 500ppi; Always-on display.
- Chipset: Exynos 2200 (4 nm) – Europe, Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm) – Rest of the world.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1 .
- OS/Software: Android 12, One UI 4.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 23mm, 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, Super Steady video; Telephoto: 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm, 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom; Telephoto: 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm, 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom.
- Front camera: 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.82″, 0.7µm, PDAF.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 45W, USB Power Delivery 3.0, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, ultrasonic); NFC; Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support), Bixby natural language commands and dictation, Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified), Ultra Wideband (UWB) support; Stylus, 2.8ms latency (Bluetooth integration, accelerometer, gyro).