Sony’s Xperia 1 IV camera phone just debuted, looking superior to ever. The unused Xperia 1 IV brings back the signature 4K display on the best of the main capable Snapdragon chipset and one of the foremost charming camera courses of action with one-of-a-kind nonstop optical zoom. And, of course, all these treats come wrapped into one of the sleekest plans cash can purchase you these days.
Sony has been consistent with its design, and the timeless Xperia shape lives on with the Xperia 1 IV. A water-resistant smartphone with an excellent grip for photography on the go. This has always been the case throughout the past few years. The 4K 120Hz HDR OLED is here to stay, while the chipset has been updated with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 version. It was about time! It also includes louder speakers with more bass, a larger battery, and an improved rear panel – now using a Gorilla Glass Victus.
The camera has seen two major upgrades, and this can be where most individuals will dig in, to begin with. It still employs the same course of action as some time recently – a 12MP primary, a 12MP telephoto, a 12MP ultrawide, and a ToF camera. But the zoom camera presently bolsters step less ceaseless optical zoom between 85mm and 125mm (3.5x – 5.2x over the main 24mm camera). Beyond any doubt, usually not the primary ever smartphone to utilize the persistent optical zoom (Nokia N93, Galaxy K Zoom), but let’s say it’s been quite a while.
All rear cameras are presently backed 4K@120fps, SteadyShot with FlawlessEye, Eye AF and Realt Time Object Tracking. You’ll be able to enable a wide dynamic range for both SDR and HDR recordings much obliged to real-time multi-frame stacking. Sony also updated its selfie camera. It now uses a 12MP Sony sensor capable of 4K HDR video capturing.
One of the things that Sony wants to focus on with this Xperia 1 IV flagship this year is live streaming and unedited content. Sony has made an exclusive deal with YouTube, and every Xperia 1 IV owner will be able to Livestream on YouTube even if they don’t meet the required number of subscribers. You can even stream with a Sony Alpha camera if you have the appropriate cable to attach it to your Xperia smartphone.
Sony Xperia 1 IV specs at a glance:
- Body: 165.0×71.0x8.2mm, 185g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminium frame; IP65/IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins).
- Display: 6.50″ OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR BT.2020, 1644x3840px resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 643ppi; Runs at 1096 x 2560 pixels except for select use cases.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.7, 24mm, 1/1.7″, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.3-f/2.8, 80-128mm, 1/3.5″, Dual Pixel PDAF, 3.5x-5.2x optical continuous zoom, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 124˚, 16mm, 1/2.5″, Dual Pixel PDAF; Depth: 0.3 MP, TOF 3D.
- Front camera: 12 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (wide), 1/2.9″, fixed focus.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@24/25/30/60/120fps HDR, WDR; 5-axis gyro-EIS, OIS; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 5-axis gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 30W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging, Reverse wireless charging, USB Power Delivery.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; 3.5mm jack; Native Sony Alpha camera support.