While IOS might always get new features and changes to the look and feel of the device, some of us might not be satisfied. The changes in IOS updates are usually so small that most people don’t like them. Or maybe you just want to do something more with your iPhone than what Apple allows. Either way, you will need to Jailbreak your iPhone. Here is the complete tutorial on How To Jailbreak Your iPhone.
Jailbreaking is a process in which you exploit some bugs or cracks in the software to become the developer of the iPhone. You can then sideload applications using “Cydia” and change everything in the software of your iPhone.
Pros & Cons Of Jailbreaking
There is always a Ying to a Yang. So as much as jailbreaking your iPhone is fun, it comes with its cost.
- You can customise the iPhone in a whole new way
- You can change almost anything
- You can sideload fun applications
- You can watch, download movies & songs without needing a PC
- You will void the warranty
- Your iPhone will no longer be secure
- You will be vulnerable to hackers and information leaks
- Failing can result in bricking your iPhone
So with that out of the way, let’s start the tutorial.
Disclaimer: TechBoiler will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device while attempting this method. Nor do we recommend anyone to jailbreak their iPhone. You will be responsible for anything & everything. This article is for information & entertainment purpose.
Jailbreaking your iPhone
You will need the following:
- Lightning to USB cable
- PC or Laptop
On your PC
To start follow the instructions below;
- Download & install iTunes and iCloud from the Apple website on your PC
- Open the Applications and connect with your ID if required
- Download AltServer from AltStore. Open the .zip file and launch the AltInstaller
- After you’ve downloaded and installed everything up to this point, restart your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable
- Open the iTunes App
- Click the arrow next to the time in the lower right of your toolbar to expand the running services panel. Click the AltServer logo and install it
- Input your Apple ID when asked
On your iPhone
- Visit the official unc0ver jailbreak site on Safari
- Tap the download button
- Open the download location. Long press on the newly downloaded application and tap the share button, finally share it to the AltStore
- Doing the above step will open the AltStore App and ask you to verify your Apple ID. Do as it says
- You will now see the application “unc0ver” in your app drawer
- Now, open the unc0ver app
- Tap the big button to start the process
- once the process is done, allow the application to reboot your device
- As the device starts back up, open the app again and run the process.
- Reboot once again
- Your device shall start jailbroken and have the “Cydia” AppStore installed
This tutorial does look simple, but one wrong move can brick your $1000 iPhone. Try at your own risk.