A video was posted by CEO Pete Lau that gives the backstory of the design for the new Always On Display functionality that is coming to OxygenOS 11. Watch the VIDEO HERE. OnePlus partnered with the Parsons School of Design to come up with a selection of looks and elements that will adorn the display while the phone sleeps.
The featured design is called “Time”, but it’s really a timeline. As the day rolls on, the clock will move across the line, leaving markings every time you used the phone. In the evening, you’ll see an account of how often and when you used your phone.
Oxygen OS 11 interface will be revamped as well, Lau describes it as “asymmetric design, layout grid,” saying it will be “magazine-like”. Dark Mode will also be polished with inspiration from Dutch design student Leandroo Li Anzhu. According to him, dark mode should be about more than setting the background to black, instead it should have layers.
The new version of the OS (based on Android 11). This should be available for all models from the OnePlus 6 and later. However, the company is keeping silent on whether the Always On Display feature will be exclusive to new models.
In addition, this time also supports convenient functions such as timed automatic switching and one-key quick start.In this dark mode, OnePlus allow visually impaired users to enjoy the care and warmth from technology. Well, there are a lot of details to share, which will be discussed in detail at the OxygenOS listening conference.
OnePlus Nord is easily one of the most talked about smartphones of 2020. Keeping aside the hype, you simply cannot ignore how similar the Nord is when compared to the flagship OnePlus 8. Also, if not for the OnePlus branding and the unique Blue or Grey colours. The Nord will also remind you of the Realme X3.
OnePlus Nord specs
- Body: Plastic frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front and back, 158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2mm, 184g
- Display: 6.44-inch, 2400×1080 20:9 AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10/HDR10+/HLG, DCI-P3
- Rear cameras: Main: 48MP f1.75 PDAF 6P OIS Ultra-wide: 8MP f2.25 fixed-focus Macro: 2MP f2.4 fixed-focus Depth: 5MP f2.4, dual-LED flash; 4K30, 1080p240 video
- Front cameras: Main: 32MP f2.45 fixed focus Ultra-wide: 8MP f2.45 fixed focus; 4K60 video
- Software: Android 10, OxygenOS 10.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G: octa-core CPU (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver), Adreno 620 GPU
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128/256GB UFS 2.1
- Battery: 4115mAh, 30W Warp Charge 30T
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, LTE-A, USB-C 2.0, dual-band Wi-Fi 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BeiDou/SBAS/NavIC
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint sensor, single loudspeaker, linear vibration motor, face unlock, alert slider