Yesterday we got news that HMD Global will unveil several entry and mid-range Nokia phones at IFA Berlin. Now, the brand is teasing another lunch event featuring several new smartphones which will take place on August 4 in China.
The last Nokia smartphone announced in China was the Nokia X71 back in April of 2019. The upcoming smartphone will have the TA-1258 model number as specs that include:
- Display: 5.99″ 720×1440 LCD display
- Dimensions: 159.6×77×8.5mm
- Memory: 3GB of RAM
- Internal memory: 32GB / 64GB of storage
- Main camera: 8MP back camera
- Selfie camera: 5MP front camera
- Battery: 3040mAh battery
- Processor: 1.6GHz Octa-Core CPU
- OS: Android 10
- Sensors: Gravity sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, fingerprint reader
- Color options: Nordic Blue, Gold Sand
TENAA also released pictures of the device that show a design similar to the Nokia 5.1. The announcement is scheduled for 10am Beijing time and we will know more when the phone gets released. The global version of this device might appear at IFA 2020, together with more Nokia smartphones Nokia Mobile plans to offer for the upcoming holiday season.The long-awaited Nokia 9.3 PureView and Nokia 8.3 are still nowhere to be heard as their launches were postponed twice so far. We’ve also seen rumors that HMD will bring the entry-level Nokia 2.4 (code name Wolverine) alongside the Nokia 6.3 and 7.3 midrangers to IFA Berlin.